410g tin Chickpeas
2 large Cloves Garlic
Juice of 2 Lemons
1 tble sp Olive Oil (Extra Virgin if available)
1 tsp ground Cumin
pinch Cayenne Pepper
150 ml/5fl oz Tahini Paste
Salt to taste
1. Pour Chickpeas into a pan and simmer in their liquid for 10 mins.
2. Drain (keeping liquid to one side)
3. Puree Chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice,oil, cumin, cayenne and salt
4. Add Tahini paste.
5. Taste and adjust if necessary. adding salt, lemon or oil for taste.
6. Add more Tahini paste to thicken or cooking water to thin consistency
7. Put in serving dish
8. Dribble over a little oil.
9. Decorate with a little chopped parsley and Toasted Pine kernels
If you wish you can soak your own dried chick peas over night to the same quantity