1 Boiling Fowl (Chicken)
1lb (3-4) Large Carrots
1lb (2) Large Onions
1 piece celery
1tsp Whole Black Pepper corns
1-2 tsp Salt
3 Pints Boiling Water
1. Place Chicken 4 -5 pint pan, cover with water and bring to the boil.
2. Peel onions and carrots.
3. Slice carrots and celery into ¼" rounds
4. Take off outer leaves from Leek, slice in half length ways then into 1" lengths.
5. When Water has reached boiling, add all other ingredients.
6. Add enough water to cover completely.
7. Bring back to the boil, cover loosely and simmer on a low light for at least 3 Hrs. until chicken is begining to fall apart.
8. Remove the carcass from the pan.
9. Skim off fat. ( this is easier, if cooled and put in the fridge overnight)
10. Take the meat from the bones.
(The meat can then be returned to the soup, or kept aside to be used as a main course).
11. Keep the soup warm until ready to serve, or cool and refridgerate overnight and re-heat the following day,
making sure it is brought to the boil before serving.