1. Place carrot, onion, celery, chopped tomatoes(strained) and stock cube in large saucepan, cover with cold water
and bring to the boil, cover and simmer for about one hour stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, mix together beaten egg with mince beef, breadcrumbs and seasoning
(Shwartz Italian herb seasoning) as a suggestion.
4. Roll into small balls (approx 1 tsp) and place on a roasting tray with the oil.
5. Bake in a preheated oven 350°F/Gas Mark3 for 45mins, turning occasionally.
6. Add pasta shells to saucpan bring to the boil and continue to simmer 10/15mins.
7. Add meatballs, pepper and salt to taste, stir in fresh chopped parsley.
Serve hot, with chunks of fresh wholemeal bread.