250 grams Minced Lamb
200 gram Finely chopped onion
2 large cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 tble sp Sunflower oil
100 grams finely grated carrot
200 grams Passata
1 250 gram tin chopped tomatoes
1 stock cube
750 ml water
1tsp dried rosemary
1tsp dried oregano
1tsp dried basil
3 large bay leaves
50 ml red wine
Salt & pepper to taste
heavy bottomed frying pan
1. Fill a 3 litre pan about 2/3 full of water.
2. Stir in 1 tablespoon salt and 1 table spoon oil
3. Put pan on stove on high till boiling fast.
4. Slowly add 500grams spaghetti and stir.
5. After about 10 minutes, start testing pieces of pasta every minute or so until the spaghetti feels tender but still firm.
6. Pour the water and the spaghetti into a colander set in the sink.
7. Let the pasta drain.
Put pasta on plates. Make an indent in the center, spoon the sauce into the indent and serve.
Makes 2 good mains course servings