175 ml (6fl oz) olive oil
2 garlic cloves crushed with salt
1 kg (2lb 4oz) monksfish tail cut into 5cm (2in) cubes
4 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 tablespoon chopped capers
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
2 red chillies, finely chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Salt & ground black pepper ( to taste)
1. Heat the oil
2. Add the garlic and cook over a moderate heat for approximately 5 minuits until the
garlic begins to colour.
3. Add the pieces of monksfish to the pan
4. Add half the parsley, all the capers, ginger and chilli
5. Continue to cook until the oil begins to boil.
6. Reduce the heat and continue to cook for 6 mins
7. Stir, turning the fish constantly, being careful not to let juices evaporate.
8. Add the remaining parsley,lemon juice, salt and ground black pepper to taste.
Tip: Ginger can be peeled and frozen and grated at will