4 cups chicken stock
1 carrot, thinly sliced
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
2 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 garlic cloves, smashed
5 whole black peppercorns
2 Bay Leaves
2 whole cloves
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 tablespoon butter
3/4 lb mushrooms, thinly sliced
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons medium-dry Sherry
2 chicken meat (from 2 cooked chickens), torn into 1-inch pieces
1 bones left from the chicken
1 oz freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (1/2 cup)
1/2 lb spaghetti
2 tsp oil
2 tap salt
1. Bring chicken stock, bones, carrot, onion, celery, garlic, peppercorns, bay leaf, and cloves to a
boil in a large saucepan.
2. Simmer for 30 minutes, partially covered, skimming froth at regular intervals if necessessary.
3. Pour stock through a large sieve into a bowl, discarding solids, and return to saucepan.
4. Boil until reduced to approximately 2 cups. cover & Keep warm.
5. Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F.
6. Butter a shallow glass or ceramic baking dish.
7. Heat 1 tablespoons Olive oil in a large heavy skillet over moderately high heat.
8. Sauté mushrooms with salt & pepper.
9. Stir mushrooms until the liquid they release is evaporated and they begin to turn golden, about 8 minutes.
10. Add remaining 1 tablespoons oil in a large heavy saucepan over low heat.
11. Add flour and cook roux, stirring, 3 minutes.
12. Remove from heat
13. Slowly stir warm stock into the flour, stirring continuously whilst bringing to the boil, ensuring it thickens smoothly.
14. Reduce heat and simmer, whisking occasionally for 5 minutes.
15. Add cream and Sherry,
16. Simmer over low heat for approximately 10 minutes. stiring occasionally.
17. Boil a large pan water with salt and oil added
18. Add Spaghetti and cook until al dente
19. Drain well.
20. Toss together spaghetti, mushrooms, and half of sauce in a large bowl
21. Transfer to baking dish.
22. Stir together chicken meat and remaining sauce in same large bowl.
23. Make a depression in spaghetti, then spoon chicken into it
24. Sprinkle dish with cheese.
25. Bake until sauce is bubbling and top is lightly browned, about 30 minutes.