¾ pound boneless grilling steak, such as sirloin), cut into 1-inch cubes
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon plain flour
1 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, sliced thin
1/2 pound mushrooms, cut into eighths
1/4 cup dry red wine
1/2 cup beef stock
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Put Lemon juice into a bowl.
2. Add steak and toss till all meat is covered.
3. Add the flour to the bowl, and toss the meat until it is completely coated with the flour.
4. In a heavy pan, heat the oil over moderately high heat.
5. Add Meat to the pan and cook till browned on all sides.
6. Transfer the beef with a slotted spoon to a bowl.
7. Add the onion and the mushrooms to the remaining oil and cook over moderate heat,
stirring, until they are just tender.
8. Stir in the wine and simmer 1 minute.
9. Stir in the stock.
10.Add paprika, salt & pepper.
11.Simmer the mixture, stirring for 3 minites
12.Stir in the beef and the juices that have accumulated in the bowl.
13.Cook until the beef is heated through and tender(approx ½hour).