2 tbl sp olive oil.
1 large finely chopped onion.
2 cloves Garlic finely chopped (more if preferred)
9 Large, flat Mushrooms sliced
½ tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
1 tsp ground nutmeg
50gm parmesan cheese
1½ pts stock
1½ cups arborio rice
1. Heat oil on medium heat
2. Add chopped onion and garlic,cook gently until translucent.
3. Add sliced mushrooms
4. Continue to cook until mushrooms are soft and tender,(the juice adds to the flavour).
5. Add the rice and stir in for a few minutes.
6. Gradually add the stock and simmer until all the liquid is absorbed, approx 30mins
(if needed, more stock can be added and cooked for longer)
7. Add the cayenne pepper and nutmeg just before the rice is completely cooked and stir in well.
8. When the rice is cooked, and is creamy but with a bit of bite........add the cheese