1/3 cup whole milk
3 tablespoons plain flour
1 large egg
2 teaspoons sugar
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly,
1/2 teaspoon unsalted butter for cooking
2 navel oranges
1 firm-ripe banana approximately 4 inches long
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon Cointreau or brandy
2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
1. Whisk together milk, flour, egg, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and 2 teaspoons butter until smooth.
2. Cover and Chill batter for at least 30 minutes.
3. Lightly brush a 10-inch nonstick pan with butter, then heat over moderately high heat
until hot but not smoking.
4. Holding pan off heat, pour in half of batter (1/4 cup), immediately tilting and rotating skillet to coat bottom.
(If batter sets before skillet is coated, reduce heat slightly )
5. Return skillet to heat and cook pancake until just set and golden around edges, 10 to 15 seconds.
6. Loosen edge of pancake with a heatproof plastic spatula, then flip pancake over carefully with your fingertips.
7. Cook until underside is set, about 20 seconds more.
8. Transfer pancake to a plate. Brush skillet with more butter and make another in same manner.
Put pan to one side.
9. Remove peel from 1 orange , including all white pith.
10. With a sharp knife, Working over a bowl, cut segments free from membranes, letting them fall into bowl,
11. Cut second orange in half and squeeze juice from from it into bowl.
12. Peel banana and halve lengthwise, then cut crosswise into ½" pieces.
13. Melt butter in reserved pan over moderate heat until foam subsides.
14. Add sugar, pour 2 tablespoons of orange juice from bowl into sugar mixture and cook,
swirling pan, until sugar is dissolved.
15. Add 1 pancake to sauce and cook until it is coated and heated through, about 15 seconds.
16. Fold pancake into quarters using tongs, then transfer to a heated dessert plate.
Repeat method for second .
17. Add orange segments and banana to pan and cook, shaking occasionally, until fruit is heated through,
about 2 minutes.
18. Add Cointreau or brandy (if using) and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
19. Spoon fruit over pancake
20. Sprinkle with pecans.