1 level tble sp Cardamom Pods roughly crushed
1 stick Cinnamon
410g Evaporated milk
14fl oz Whole milk
1 oz Butter
1½ oz caster sugar
3½oz Pudding Rice
142 ml Double Cream
2 tble sp Rosewater (optional)
1. Pour evaporated and Whole milk into saucepan
2. Add Cardamom and Cinamon
3. Heat to almost boiling.
4. Remove from heat let stand for 15 minutes.
5. Melt butter in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
6. Stir in sugar and cook until begins to bubble, stirring continuously.
7. Add rice and continue to stir for a couple more minutes
8. Strain the milk and reheat, being careful not to boil.
9. Continue to cook over a very low heat.
10. Add a ladleful of milk at a time and stir into rice mixture.
11. Keep adding milk each time it begings to thicken.
12. When all milk has been added, continue to cook untill it begins to look like Rice Pudding
13. Turn off heat.
14. Add cream and rosewater(if using).
15. Leave to cool, stirring occaisionally.
16. Serve at room temperature or refridgerate and eat cold.