1 cups plain flour
½ cup crushed Hazelnuts
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup creamy unsalted butter
½ cup sugar
½ cup (packed) golden brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 12-ounce package semisweet mini chocolate chips (2 cups) (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Sift first 4 ingredients into medium bowl.
3. Using electric mixer, mix butter and both sugars in large bowl until light and fluffy.
4. Mix in egg and vanilla.
5. Stir in flour mixture.
6. Stir in chocolate chips.
7. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
8. Soften dough slightly at room temperature before shaping.
9. Lightly grease and flour 2 baking sheets
10. Using 1 level tablespoon for each cookie, roll dough between palms of hands into 1-inch balls.
11. Arrange 1 inch apart on prepared sheets.
12. Bake 1 sheet at a time until cookies are golden brown, about 12 minutes.
13. Let cool on sheets for about 5 minutes.
14. Transfer cookies to racks and cool completely.