juice of 3 large lemons
3lb preserving sugar
1. Remove stalks and wash strawberries
2. Place strawberries in a large pan
3. Add lemon juice
4. Simmer gently on a low heat for about 20 mins untill they are very soft.
5. Add sugar
6. bring to the boil
7. Boil rapidly until it sets when a spoonful is dropped on a plate.
8. Remove pan from heat.
9. Remove any scum from the surface.
10. Let it stand for approx 10 minutes.
11. Stir so the fruit lays evenly in the jam
12. Pour into prepared jars
13. Cover tightly and label.